Copyright, license, literature
On the pages of this website you will find many examples of grounds. Some examples are traditional. Others are our own finds. It is of course possible, that someone else has discovered the same ground.
If you, or someone you know, has been identified as creator of one or more of the grounds used, without being named as such: please let us know so we can add the reference.
You will find our email-adres on page About us.
Groundforge uses scheme’s (matrices) as input-parameter. Some of those are discovered by V. Irvine, and collected in the “Tesselace”, others, like the spiders, are created by ourselves. Of course, coïncidences happen.
Some new grounds use traditional prickings. E.g.: the “ants” are made on the rose-ground pricking.
© J. Pol © M. Tempels © V. Irvine © P. Fouché
Some examples shows the traditional grounds. New grounds (also) created by others are indicated as such. Grounds found in the Whiting index are free of copyrights. All other grounds are our own finds.
All images are created by J. Pol, M. Tempels, or Groundforge, except where otherwise noted. Most of the images are created using Knipling ® (© Petra Pönisch Verlag).
The examples and images are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
In short: you are free to share the examples as long as you give appropiate credit. You may not use the examples and images for commercial purposes. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
Some of the publications listed here are mentioned on this website. Others are for more inspiration. Of course, this list is incomplete.
- N. Andries: Naar de bron (Binche)
- N. Andries, H. de Kok, G Landuyt and others: Van speldengrond tot Turnhoutse kant
- B. Cook and G. Stott: The book of bobbin lace stitches
- Deutscher Klöppelverband e.V.: Moderne Gründe
- K. Egger: Neue Raster, neue Gründe: Klöppeln für Fortgeschrittene
- V. Irvine: Developing a Mathematical Model for Bobbin Lace (paper)
- V. Irvine: Tesselace. See Tools / Tessalations from templates
- E. Kortelahti: Nyplättyä pitsiä - Bobbin lace (8 typical Kortelahti grounds)
- U. Löhr: Viele gute Gründe
- A. Rühle: Fillings from Hunnia Lace
- H. Thumann and C. Aengeneyndt: Grund für Grund - Fast alles Torchon
- H. Thumann and C. Aengeneyndt: Grund für Grund - Moderne Torchonspitze
- H. Thumann and C. Aengeneyndt: Grund für Grund - Nicht ohne Grund
- U. Ulrich: Gründe mit System
- G. Whiting: A lace guide for makers and collectors (an index)